It’s a great time to be a musician. The ability to self-publish and record at home
has opened doors for musicians that were closed to all but a select few only
several years ago. Relatively
inexpensive software and hardware is readily available.
The only thing better than inexpensive is… free! So, when I found out that Cakewalk by BandLab,
previously known as Cakewalk Sonar, was free, I jumped at the chance to
download it. Cakewalk is a multi-track
audio/midi application that until recently cost hundreds of dollars.
- Sign up at https://www.bandlab.com/
and download the Cakewalk Desktop App.
- Run the installation and open the software.
- Open any of the demo projects.
- Click "play" on the top toolbar
- You should hear the song after a few seconds. Take a look around at the multiple tracks and various controls.
- If you don’t hear any audio, be sure your volume isn’t muted. Also, check that the audio device connected to your speakers is listed and selected in Edit>Preferences>Audio>Devices>Output Drivers
The rest of bandlab.com seems useful too, although I’ve yet
to try any of the collaborative features.
I’ll post more about using basic midi and audio with Cakewalk in the
near future. Don't want to wait? There are plenty of books out there
. Until then, tinker around
to your heart’s content.




Wonderful illustrated information. I thank you about that. No doubt it will be very useful for my future projects. Would like to see some other posts on the same subject! ableton live crack
ReplyDelete